Sunday, December 7, 2008

ARTIST: Kevin Todora



Figure while I am at it I will post a link to my friend Kevin Todora's website. He is an artist and photographer. His blog is located here and contains current work and things he is interested in. I have always thought people who have their name in their website domain name are a bit pretentious although I have my nick in mine so what does that say about me?

He has taken shots for my brother's wedding and my sister-in-law's website. I have always enjoyed his work. He seems to take reality and twist it just a little, not to the point where it is inappropriately (IMO) distorted but altered a degree or two. Almost like if an alternate dimension was just a few Hertz out of view like a radio station that needed a little fine tuning. He is able to maintain the beauty of his subjects in his work as well. I also am preferential to installations with variations of a specific work or subject. He works through a similar subject and method often and will put the whole process together as an installation showing either variations of a single subject/method or the evolution he took to get to a certain point.

No comments: