Wednesday, September 10, 2008

UPDATE: AAdvantage Challenge

I have been traveling quite a bit lately and stumbled across this website recently in my research of collecting AAdvantage miles when flying American Airlines (Let me first start and say that I am not a huge fan of American Airlines anymore but I have to fly a lot and I tend to end up on their flights. Alaska Airlines, a OneWorld partner of American, however is a fantastic airline).

I won't go into detail since FewMiles did such a great job of it. My personal experience so far:
Call AA, asked if a Gold Elite Challenge was still available. The always helpful and friendly AAdvantage staff member stated yes and read me the basic rules. She also emailed me a copy as well. I have 90 days to get 5000 qualifying points and if successful will get Gold Elite on American up to February 2010! Not bad. It shouldn't be too tough and almost wish I would have tried the Platinum Elite Challenge. Need to start small first. I will let you know how this goes if I am successful.

UPDATE: Not that time has passed and I have been traveling way too much, I have reached the 5K mile mark and blew past it. Holy crap...I should have done the Exec. Plat. Challenge. Oh well. No crying over spilled milk. I should buck up and be pleased I get two free bags to check and get to board with Group 1. I am about to break the 50K qualifying mile mark and will be Platinum shortly. Flying back and forth from two huge business cities has not allowed me to take advantage of the upgrade perks but hopefully with Platinum I can get a few upgrades here and there.

If you know for a fact you will be traveling 10K miles in 3 months then do the Plat challenge. It is simple and you will appreciate it for the next year and change.

No comments: